i'm not a voyeur, i just act like one

voyeurism has such a pejorative ring to it. i prefer to say that i, 'enjoy peeking into others' lives from a human interest standpoint'. and you know what? my guess is that you, too, have done your share of peeking when walking past a lit house on a summer evening walk.
the other day, while pulling up amanda bevington's {one of my favorite photographers} website for a friend, i found these photos of designer, betsy burnham's home and family: besides just being an adorable family....i loved seeing these glimpses inside of her home. this was their holiday card last year {above}of course betsy is just an extraordinarily creative force in the design world. to have access to her own environs, was just too enticing.
love the vase, clarence house wallpaper {also seen in my blog friend, in{side}the loop, courtney's bedroom} no surprise, amazing art everywhere. great idea with the furniture out on the lawn.
check out more of both bevington's {above} work and burnham's work. both are genious in their own right. {god, i hope i don't get busted}

Comments

Regardez Moi said…
I find myself looking into people's lit houses all the time. Especially living in the city, when I'm taking a stroll. I love it. My ex-husband used to hate it and would get so embarrassed!! I just like to see how people live, and it gives me decorating ideas, too. It's just like looking at a magazine, I'd tell him. I don't think he bought it.
Liz said…
Thanks for sharing a glimpse into Betsy Burnham's home - I love her work! Have you seen the current Western Interiors? An L.A. cottage she did is featured in the issue, it's fantastic.

And thanks for introducing me to Amanda Bevington - her photography is beautiful.

Oh, and I should introduce myself. I've been reading your blog for some time now but I dont have much opportunity to comment thanks to web chat and message boards being blocked at the office. I really enjoy your blog!

Jozette - I totally do that too! I love to peek!
72 and sunny said…
hi liz! thank you for lurking and saying 'hello'. when are those employers going to quit thinking they're the boss of us? sheesh.

jozette, your ex totally peeks too. he just doesn't admit it!
Courtney said…
Megan --- I love these photos! I love family lifestyle shots like this. Doesn't it make you want to hire a photographer to follow you around all day?

P.S. That sounds more vain than I meant for it to.

xx
katiedid said…
I love that Betsy Burnham! These pictures are so cool! How do people find the time to be this cool? I love that Xmas card idea! Great photography too!
Style Court said…
Amanda photographed Kelly Robson's wedding too. Always fun to see her work. Betsy and her team are so creative and original!

Popular Posts