good touch | bad touch

While they've been around for a few years over at Lladro (maker of those pastel, porcelain figurines that you may have seen, en masse, in a lit china cabinet somewhere) These are totally new to me.
In 2008, the Spanish company joined forces with artist Bodo Sperlein to re-invent former designs. Using elements from past pieces, Sperlein recreates a new twist on an old idea. The result is The Lladros Equus Collection.....
Good Touch or Bad Touch? ( personally, this might be the first bit of Lladro that has had me take notice )

Comments

kat said…
great touch! there's something kind of old-school upscale about any equestrian detail ...
72 and sunny said…
ya I was sort of surprised that it's so strange but old school at the same time. Lladro has always seemed 'dusty' to me. I like the porcelain used to create such strength.
Renae Moore said…
Love these...I have never seen Lladro like this!
I like them. They are sort of weird and elegant at the same time, plus I love horses!
Anonymous said…
This has a very delecate and elegant edge with the accurate horse anatomy and elegant lines but it has such a modern clean feel. I love it.
Good Touch! Normally I take no notice of Lladro either, these are amazing. Also normally I have issues with furniture and things that have "feet" but I do love the simplicity and strength of these.

Popular Posts