“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison.


I'm not usually a re-quoter, I don't think I've ever tweeted nor facebooked a platitude. But, as I was checking out these photos of Edison's beautiful, industrial lab where, in fact, the light bulb was invented, I started to read through the article and found some pretty amazing stuff that applies to the process of design, actually the process of really anything worthwhile.




Check it out if you want a little reality check to your, "Other side of Wednesday - it's almost Friday and you know what that means", part of the week. And how gorgeous is this lab. I'm such a sucker for this sort of thing. Knowing that it provided a space for intelligence + creativity to manifest itself, makes it that much more a thing of beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts